Take this recipe, for example (via Cooking Light): Roasted Banana Bars with Browned Butter–Pecan Frosting ... uhh, hungry, yet?
A pile of magazines about as tall as Flutie had accumulated under our coffee table and I finally took the time comb through them all for any articles or recipes I'd like to keep and toss the excess (into the recycle bin, or course). That's where I found the above recipe and realized that we had all the ingredients at that very moment. And, wouldn't you know it, I didn't have anything else to do that afternoon.
Like I've said before, I'm a boredom baker and its killer when I have too many items on hand. However, this wasn't a particularly complicated recipe, so its not like I was all "Oh, anchiove oil and kumquats? Why, sure, I have those handy!" and whipped up something far-fetched. Bananas, flour, sugar, butter ... that's not a very tall order. And so then an hour or so later, there were these:
And yes, I ate them both already. ::gulp::
Also: Celtics Game!
Last night Dan and I were lucky enough to score last minute tickets to see the Celtics take on the Charlotte Bobcats at the Garden. I haven't really been following the games all that closely this year, but I really enjoy NBA games live and know the Cs are (again) a great team this season. Dan grew up a Celtics fan (and, shhhh, let's keep this between you and me: I kind of still ::heart:: the Lakers) and hasn't been to a game all year so he was very excited.
And what a game it was! Even though the Cs looked pretty sloppy much of the game, they pulled out just enough magic to throw it into double over time (and then win) with a 3 pointer right before the final buzzer each time. It was crazy. Once the second OT started I looked at Dan and said "Now I am going to be really annoyed if they lose ...", it was past my bedtime and I wanted to go home to Flutie. But they won! So it was all worth it. Sorry Bobcats, you played a great game but not great enough! A few iPhone pictures:
Last night Dan and I were lucky enough to score last minute tickets to see the Celtics take on the Charlotte Bobcats at the Garden. I haven't really been following the games all that closely this year, but I really enjoy NBA games live and know the Cs are (again) a great team this season. Dan grew up a Celtics fan (and, shhhh, let's keep this between you and me: I kind of still ::heart:: the Lakers) and hasn't been to a game all year so he was very excited.
And what a game it was! Even though the Cs looked pretty sloppy much of the game, they pulled out just enough magic to throw it into double over time (and then win) with a 3 pointer right before the final buzzer each time. It was crazy. Once the second OT started I looked at Dan and said "Now I am going to be really annoyed if they lose ...", it was past my bedtime and I wanted to go home to Flutie. But they won! So it was all worth it. Sorry Bobcats, you played a great game but not great enough! A few iPhone pictures:

2 comments:
how fun!!!
just posted another giveaway!!!!
http://nhershoes.blogspot.com/2009/04/she-says-time-for-another-giveaway.html
I love it when my husband looks as happy as Dan does in those pictures. Maybe I need to take him to more ball games. Is that the secret? Or is it the amazing cooking? All of the above?
Post a Comment