April 3, 2009

Scenes from the dog park

Flutie and I walk (or drive, depending on the weather) about a mile or so to the dog park almost every day, about 5 out of 7 days a week; we take long walks the other days unless its pouring rain and then, ugh, cabin fever. It never fails to amuse watching the dogs run and play - most days, I really enjoy the outing and it doesn't feel like too much of a chore.

To share our daily "adventure", here's an iPhone camera pictorial of an afternoon in the life of Flutie:

First, an introductory urine sniff.
(St. Bernard's are one of my favorite dogs in the whole
world so I was extra-excited about this day's play mate)



Then the chase is on!


Catch me if you can!


"I am having the most fun ever!"


Stand off.


Flutie then ran into the tunnel, knowing full well
that the Sainty can't fit - he is a devious little Puggle.
(notice the hapless bulldog just looking on lazily -
he was cute but kind of a bump-on-a-log)



Almost got 'em!
(note to the dog-park uninitiated: it kind of looks like the St. Bernard's about
to bite Flutie's tail off, but not so - completely angelic but vicious-looking)



Flutie to his new crush: "Wanna make out now?"


Grand parade of butt-sniffing.


"Can we come back soon? Please, please, pleeeeease?"


About an hour later at home on the couch:
"I think maybe I'll just sleep here forever."

The End.

Until we do it all over again tomorrow ...

3 comments:

bec said...

oh my gosh.

not that it's a surprise to anyone, but this post made me so happy. the parade of sniffing butts? dogs rule haha.

Christina Ward said...

I knew you would appreciate this!! :)

Chloe said...

I love your dog. He's pretty much the cutest thing EVER.