- For delicious lattes at home, each morning; seriously, one of our best purchases ever. Even after factoring in the double shot of more expensive (but totally worth it) Illy fine-grind espresso and 8-10oz of milk each time, its still much cheaper than a latte at a coffeeshop – and I get to sip it from one of my own, adorable mugs in my pjs. Even better: add in just a tiny splash Monin Frosted Mint syrup - so good!
- That Dan came home for dinner last night; I whipped up a big pot of turkey chili and fresh cornbread, turned the lights down and lit a few candles … just because. He routinely works very long hours so I don’t take it for granted when he’s home before 9pm.
- For my health; I know this sounds generic, but its really true. Other than an annual run-of-the-mill cough/cold, I haven’t been really, truly sick in years. YEARS. That is incredible! I was always a very healthy kid and its carried into adulthood. We’re fortunate enough to have health insurance that we can afford (so grateful!) but I’m even more thankful that we hardly ever have to use it.
- For a full hour at the dog park with Flutie this morning; its still pretty cold out (in the 20’s) but I found a nice spot in the sun, Flutie found lots of rowdy dogs to run around with like crazy and the time flew by. I try to take him almost every day, but during the winter its rare to be out that long. Now the little guy is exhausted and snoring on the couch. Tired puggle = happy Christina.
- For my new iPhone; this was initially a controversial purchase for us. Dan and I have long admired the iPhone from afar without ever seriously considering spending the money. But the time had come that we both needed new phones for functional reasons, we still needed to get on the same wireless plan and Dan’s work will reimburse him for the cost of whatever he buys (including an iPhone). Basically, we could get two for the price of one. I still felt like it was too much of an indulgence right now, but we agreed, at Dan's insistence, that it could be an early birthday present. Totally fine by me, we’ll go out to a nice dinner in April and that’s perfect. I have so much stuff, too much, but I am grateful for the new phone/toy – it is pretty freakin’ cool!
March 5, 2009
Grateful: 3/5/09
Today, I am so grateful ....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment