July 22, 2005
"So Long, Farewell, Auf wiedersehen, Goodbye!"
This afternoon I’m driving to Nashville and hopping a flight to Chicago for a weekend of (be still my heart) f-u-n! I feel like Maria from The Sound of Music when she’s about to leave the convent and go back out into normal society. Only I’m not leaving to become a nanny for the seven children of a wealthy widowed military captain. No no, I already did that for the five children of a wealthy divorcing sports agent. Instead, I’m leaving to get tipsy and eat deep-dish pizza in the Windy City with my good friend, Pat! Wooo! I might have a stroke, I'm so excited. If you think I’m being even the slightest bit sarcastic about that then you have obviously never spent a summer living amongst Southern Baptist sensibilities in abject social isolation, my friend. Melodramatic? Okay, maybe a little. Sarcastic? Not a chance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment