July 27, 2005

All That Jazz

I am just now, barely, emerging out of the settled haze that’s surrounded me since the whirlwind Chicago weekend. My poor body- its no longer used to that level of gluttony and boozing and arousal and sleep deprivation and general fits of merriment. Until last night, I hadn’t had more than 4 consecutive hours of sleep in nearly a week. And it wasn’t until this morning that I’ve actually felt like anything resembling a human being again at work. Completely worth it, though. Boston had better be buying me flowers and whispering sweet-nothings in my ear and romancing my panties off when I get back if it wants to keep my unyielding affection after my steamy (literally, at 104 muggy degrees), three-day torrid romp in the arms of Chicago. Coming back to Knoxville now has sort of been like jumping naked out of a piping hot jacuzzi and leaping into an ice-cold swimming pool. The body, it needs some time for re-adjustment.

No comments: