Today my older brother turns 30 years old. He and my Grandfather, who is now with Jesus, shared a birthday on this day. We had many years celebrating together as a family and ringing in the new year. It is always fun that the whole world is a party on his birthday. He turned 21 on the millennium NYE, that was quite the night!
David,
You have always been the quintessential big brother; a little bit bullying, but a lot more protective and caring. You have, and probably always will be, more interesting than me, by far. I look up to you in so many ways, which may surprise you. But I hope that it doesn't. You have accomplished so much, in your own way and in your own time apart from the world's normal agenda or definitions. You are a tremendous, involved, funny and wise father. By all accounts, a doting, listening and supportive husband. A loyal, forgiving and honorable son to our parents. I am so proud that we are related and even though we are about as different as a brother and sister can be, I hope that there is more of you in me than I realize. I wish so much for your thirties, but my hopes for you are irrelevant - may you have all that you desire and more than you can imagine even now. Just as you could never have guessed the wild ride of the past ten years on the first day of your twenties. I love you very much.
Your little sister, Munkus
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment