The blogging delinquency has been staggering. I'm trying to get back in the swing of it, but its been a crazy few weeks. And likely to be a crazy few (four) more until bar exam in July. I'm hanging in there and studying until my eyes bleed, but the blogs may be few and far between until the test blows over. If I don't have anything worth writing about then I won't write anything at all, and I am pretty sure nobody wants to read my recitation of the five applications of the Statute of Frauds from UCC Article 2. No, nobody wants that.
Almost two weeks ago my grandfather passed away. It was sudden and yet it wasn't. He was 86 years old and it was his time to go and be with the Lord, which is all he has ever wanted. My granddaddy, Ansell, devoted his life to Jesus as a Southern Baptist Minister. He fell ill last month on a cruise in the Caribbean, and on the plane to Florida for that trip he had shared the gospel and brought a woman to Christ -- fighter for the Lord to the last! I have been monumentally blessed to have him as my grandfather and doubly so to have had not just him, but all my grandparents, with me for so long in my life. At 25 years old, this is my first, close family member to die in my lifetime. Many of my friends no longer have any grandparents living. I am very grateful for the time we shared. Despite missing several days of my bar review class, it was well worth that stress to be with my family in Tennessee for his funeral last week. Just days before he died he spoke of trying to make it to my wedding in October. He will be there in spirit and will be thought of often on that day and so many others for the rest of my life. I love you, Granddaddy.
June 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I'm sorry to hear about your Grandfather! It sounds like he was a wonderful man. I hope you're doing okay.
Post a Comment