Yesterday morning we took a family walk around Castle Island, it was a gray yet beautiful warm, fall day. A woman walked passed us, chatting loudly on her cell phone, then glanced down at Flutie and loudly yapped into her phone,"Ugh, its one of those puggles. They are such ugly dogs. I hate their squished up faces." And continued on her way, gabbing loudly as she went.
Excuse me? We were standing right there. Lady, you were not in a cone of silence. I know Flutie didn't understand, not to mention he is completely devoid of vanity, but how totally rude! Is it kosher to insult a person's dog right in front of them? Am I just being sensitive? It's not like I went home crying because someone said my dog was ugly, but good grief! The lack of self-awareness was almost comical.
Totally reinforced my fear of having an ugly baby. Because you know no one will tell you that to your face, then wince at your Christmas card in private. Of course, I will love my ugly baby - just as I love my, apparently, ugly dog. I'll go ahead and put this out there now: if my baby is, one day, kind of uggs, you may feel free to talk about that behind my back. Preferably not walking by me on your cell phone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
lol....o my that is ridiculiouse!!!! what an ignorent women your dog is addorable and so will your children be!
Had this been me and my dog, I would have, in typical dumbstruck fashion, said nothing at time, but would later wish that I had snatched her phone and thrown it into the street. Then I’d run... is this starting to sound a little Jack Handy?
what a bitch! and i don't mean that how you would use it when referencing a dog. haha.
i would be sad if someone said that about my dog too. then again, i realize i am a crazed, dog-loving psycho. but i think you were justified to feel offended!
Post a Comment