A few friends came over to our place to watch Game 6 of the NBA Finals and one of Dan's co-workers brought her pug, Charley, for a play-date with Flutie. This is not the first time Charley and Flutie have met. The two shared a magical evening at a poker night at Charley's house a few months back. Not only did Flutie immediately mount Charley like a two-dollar hooker, he peed all over their loft, including twice on a very lovely, expensive-looking sofa. I had warned the hostess in advance that he wasn't housebroken, but she told us not to worry about it. Still, we ended up leaving early, before Flutie could do any more damage or further de-flower Charley (a girl dog, despite the name).
For the Celtics-Lakers play-date at our place, we figured, it was Charley's turn for revenge. But no, he was a perfect little pug angel. Flutie no longer has balls yet he still tried to get all up on Charley's lady-parts. For cryin' out loud, dog! You're practically a eunic, simmer down! I think he and Charley might be in love, because Flutie has never, ever tried to get frisky with any other dog. At least he's monogamous.
For the entirety of the game, the two dogs ran around the house like a couple of possessed wolves, barking and howling and jumping. They weren't trying to hurt each, and seemed to be having the time of the lives, but it was quite a sight to behold. Flutie has a lot of nicknames: pup, pupple, doggle, Flutes, Flutie-face and dingo. The last one is reserved for when he gets in crazy, hyperactive mode; ergo, he becomes "the dingo". With Charley in the house, it was like three straight hours of dingo madness.
I took pictures all night of the dogs romping around, being adorable and insane. But, dang, they are wiggly little suckers! In the nearly 100 pictures I took not even one came out well. I took a few video clips and strung them together, but, again, couldn't quite catch them in the act of abject wildness and mutual infatuation. I seriously think they knew when I had the camera out and could get evidence of their shenanigans.
Anyway, there's not much going on here, except general cuteness, but here's a two minute clip of Flutie and Charley, in love:
Charley & Flutie Sittin' in a Tree from Christina Ward on Vimeo.
Notice how by the end of the clip, we had removed their harnesses? Flutie looks so naked without it.
Oh yeah, and GO CELTICS!! Sorry Lakers, you guys lost this one fair and square (but I still love you deep down).

1 comment:
hahha. yes, you can haz puppeez. do you know how much that made me laugh???
very much.
flutie clearly needs to meet gabe. he would give him a run for his money as the craziest dingo. :)
Post a Comment