April 11, 2008

Duck, Duck, Goose

In case it didn't shine through enough in my post on Wednesday, what with all the bitching and the moaning, I really do love my little Flutie. Sometimes, I think, too much. As much as I never wanted to be one of those dog owners that takes their dog too seriously, I think I've already crossed that line and there's no going back. I would do anything for the little scamp. No matter how much he wears me out, acts rebellious and halts my personal life - at the end of the day when he's curled up in my lap contentedly snoozing away I can't help but look up at Dan and sigh that "I love him so, so much".

Here are a few pictures from our walk on the esplanade last Saturday:

Must. Have. Geese.
------------

A view of the State House and my almost-old neighborhood.

-------------


"Yes, that's right: you have no choice but to love me."

-------------

In just a few hours I'll hop a plane for a weekend in Nashville. Tennessee holds a special place in my heart; my mother grew up in Chattanooga, and since much of her family still lives near Knoxville I've spent many holidays and family reunions there and in the surrounding Smokey Mountains. I lived and worked in Knoxville during the summer after my first year of law school (also the summer that I started this very blog). East Tennessee is a remarkably gorgeous slice of America. But this weekend takes me to Central Tennessee, into the heart of honky-tonk-land and to see my dear friend, Annie. I can't fully explain how needed this weekend away is for me. God bless my husband for agreeing to be a single dog-parent while I'm away. I owe him one for sure. Viva Nashvegas!


2 comments:

Laura said...

Flutie is cute all over, even his butt hole. Is that bad to say? Have fun with the ANNERS!

Christina Ward said...

That is HILARIOUS to say. I am cracking up at my desk at work right now.