A few 1Ls nearby in the student lounge were loudly organizing their Con Law study group for later that day. After some back and forth about what time to congregate in library, the consensus of the lot was a general sentiment that it "doesn't really matter, because [they'll] be working all night either way".
Suddenly it occurred to me: the next time those words come out of my mouth I will be getting paid for it.
Even though life as a firm attorney will demand some late hours, all-nighters in the library are a thing of the past. Digging myself into a crater of debt for the pleasure of working my ass off essentially ends today (my last official day of class).
And then another, more sobering realization: the pleasure of working my ass off to pull myself out of said debt-crater is only just beginning.
The more things change, the more they really do stay the same.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Last day of class? WAY TO GO, BENSON!!! Congratulations. You are my first close friend to complete law school. When I need an ass-kicking lawyer in a suit and heels, I know who to call. :)
Hey You!!! So you found my blog? I also invited my sisters and mom to be authors, so it should get a bit more interesting. I didn't think I could sustain a blog on my own. Anyhow, I miss you and you are going to be the best lawyer ever...without cankles!
Post a Comment