September 15, 2005
Confessions of a Tail Gate Virgin
This past weekend I went boldly where few Anteater alumni have gone before: a college football game. Most of my good friends are BC alums and get cuh-raaazy for football season. I can’t say I wasn’t a little intimidated but I got my season tickets and have been getting myself psyched for it all summer. I was not to be disappointed. The tailgating began in earnest around 10am on Saturday and as soon as BC wrapped up its merciless trounce of the Army we were back at it until the college police told us to pack it up, only to head out to the bars for more revelry.The scene was a great mish-mash of generations all donned in their gold and maroon screaming GO EAGLES, getting wasted and eating brats. Now that is college, people! Or should have been for me anyway- damn you, Irvine, and your infernal Division III ineptitude! This Saturday is THE GAME, our at-home show down against Florida State; the ensuing melee is likely to be the shit-show of the year. Nothing like making up for lost time, eh comrades?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment